Delivery & Assembly during pandemic
LAST UPDATED: 5th of January 2021
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY to avoid any delays and misunderstanding!!!
Following new regulations, from the 5th November 2020, we are putting a new plan in place to keep our customers and delivery teams safe. This is also valid for Lockdown 3, starting from 5th of January
- You can request for CONTACTLESS FLAT PACK DELIVERY ONLY, we will keep your original delivery date and will refund full ASSEMBLY price
- You can request to place your delivery & assembly on hold until the lockdown is over
- Please answer the following questions:
- Is anyone in the household currently Self-Isolating because of the COVID-19 Virus?
- Is anyone in the household currently suffering from a repetitive cough, raised body temperature or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?
- Is there any other reason that you have been told to Self-Isolate and therefore should not accept this delivery?
- If the answer to any of the above questions is YES, then you MUST contact us and we will reschedule your delivery for the next available date (at least after 14 days)
- Have rooms as empty as possible, completely empty if possible
- No bedsheets, covers, pillows, clothes and similar items in the room, only large furniture allowed
- All doors along the route to the assembly destination must be open to allow the assembly team to freely enter the premises having minimal touchpoints
- There are minimal members of the household present within the property during the assembly process
- Please open window/s in the room of the assembly to allow fresh air flow at all times whilst the team is present
- Disinfect all access and working areas where possible
- Once you have shown and instructed the team where the location of the furniture is to be, you must then leave the room where the delivery/assembly will be completed and remain a minimum of 2 metres away from the assembly teams and adhere to the Social Distancing guidance issued by UK Government
- You must wear mask whilst interacting with the delivery team
- It is strongly advised that before you use your furniture that you use a bacterial wipe on all metal surfaces e.g. handles
OUR ASSEMBLY TEAMS RESPONSIBILITY
On arrival outside your property they have the following process to follow:
- Both members of the team to wash hands using sanitiser before they approach your property
- One team member to announce arrival at the property. Knock on the door and step back 2 metres
- They will be wearing masks and gloves at all times whilst interacting with you
- It’s very likely that the wearing of gloves and/or their mask will not be possible as it can make the carrying of packets difficult. However, as before we would ask that you remain distanced from them during the full delivery and assembly process
- They have been asked to politely refuse refreshments (they will have their own) and if there is a need to use your toilet then they will use their own personal hand towel
- The team will adorn their PPE and invite you to inspect the furniture
- To sign the delivery documents the team member will sign on your behalf but will also ask to photograph the product in the room
- If any of the above conditions are not met, our delivery team has the full right to refuse the entry into the property and cancel the job
- We will not tolerate bullying and abuse of our staff, they are already working under very stressful and difficult circumstances, risking their wellbeing